Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Guest post with attending author Heather Gunter


Writing is something I've always done. Whether it be as simple as writing in a journal or to help write an article in a school newspaper, I have always found an outlet in writing. Just like reading is an escape, so is writing. Friends have always joked with me about writing a book, and it has always been a dream of mine for the last 20 years.

My dream if you will, had been placed on a bucket list. I'm not going to wait for this said "bucket" list, I have decided to seize the day and FINALLY do something about it. With the encouragement of fantastic friends, new and old, my support system is a mile long.  I couldn't do this without the encouragement of these people. For this, I will always be eternally grateful.

 I have days I want to give up but dangit these characters are now a part of me and won't shut up. I have a story to tell and I hope by writing it I can share a little of myself as well have a reader take something away from it. I want to impact a reader, this is my goal.

I have a fantastic friend/editor by my side who is ever so patient with me. In my opinion, I have the BEST on my side!

The first book is called Love Notes and Robin Harper/Wicked Cool Design who is also a very dear friend (I could not do this without her) is my cover designer



Here is the Synopsis for Love Notes-

How do you cope when the people you care for hurt you the most? When the way you feel on the outside, smothers you on the inside. And when you are left to face your demons alone, will you learn that only you have the power to overcome them?
Charlie has never had it easy. Between constantly moving and the incessant fat comments from her father, herself worth is nonexistent. Her reflection in the mirror shows her nothing but a plain Jane. Music is the only thing that keeps her sanity in check.
Charlie catches the eye of the town star quarterback, Maverick. He sees something in Charlie he’s never noticed in any other girl. She’s different, curvy, brunette and has a voice of an angel. He sees something extraordinary in her. Unfortunately, Charlie doesn’t see it herself.
Proving it to her may deem harder than he thinks, especially when tragedy strikes and tears them apart.
Now standing on her own two feet she may finally learn exactly who she is, what’s she’s capable of and how very un plain Jane she really is.

Second book in the series is called Heart Strings

No comments:

Post a Comment